Welcome to the thoughts of a Dwarf. This intrepid site is designed primarily to allow a place where I can store all of my writings, be it stories or poems or illogical philosophical rants. I hope to be able to provide interesting reading material for my friends and the random stranger who somehow gets sucked off course and finds this sight. Feel free to comment or even request stories. The more inspiration that I have, the more I can explore the limits of imagination and using literary works to rest for a moment from the tedious demands of reality.

In the beginning, I will be uploading many of my already written works. Though most of them are written for the gaming website Achaea.com, which is a text based MUD that I have been playing since 1998. My current main character in Achaea is the Dwarven Paladin known as Goryllin. His viewpoint is used in many of my current stories, as I draw upon his life and his world to create the science fantasty realities in which my story characters dwell.

Achaea is a medieval setting fantasy world, filled with Dwarves, Humans, Trolls, and many more fantastical races and professions. It is a living and breathing world in that every player has a chance to change the world and its direction. It is a player driven roleplay enhanced realm where combat, life, death and yes even taxes are all a part of the experience. We wouldn't mind having you drop by for a visit and pint of ale, if you do visit please send Goryllin a message and he will be glad to help you.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Heelllpp! An opportunity!

Several of my friends and colleagues have been pressing me to get into actually writing on a more common and consistent basis. And with enough pressure, compliments and ego stroking, I might just be ready to do that.

The last few days have been eye opening, in terms of emotional expanses and also insight into the human mindset. Now I would like to turn to writing something a little less personal life orientated and use it as a way to clear my head and give my friends and fans something to read that does not come across as a love torn bard. Haha.

So now I will very subtly disguise a plea for assistance and make it look like an opportunity for personal glory!

Anyone who becomes (or remains) a follower of the blog may make a comment on this post with their suggestion/request for a certain storyline or idea and I will personally dedicate a short story to you with that particular topic. Intrigued?

Some rules first! You must be a follower and make a non-anonymous comment. That way I can identify with you, focus the story on your request, and brag about what a cool follower you are. Also, I will hold the right to creative liberty as the story develops. Say that you want a story of a little man over coming a bully- that's perfectly fine, but the story might not be about the traditional physical bully! The magic of the literary world is the endless possibilities, so be ready to be surprised.

I have very few subjects that I will not explore and write about, though I have mentioned in this blog before that I will not write from the perspective of one who has passed on from this life.

If you want the story to be about you, provide some details and make it a bit of an alternative life. Sometimes the way a character moves might not reflect your own thoughts, so allow fantasy instead of reality!

All in all, I am excited to be challenged. To actually have expectations and ideas to meet that are not generated within my own mere mortal brain.

Are you up for it? Who dares comment first?

5 comments:

  1. Hey dude,

    I have to say Ive been exploring this blog and you definately have talent. I like all of the stories thus far. Some grab me more than others, but they are good.

    Challenge huh? I do actually have one. Current personal issue. After reading your poems, you got me inspired, so Im going to challenge you. But I have to ask something first. The poems/stories you wrote on the "Angel"...are they fictional stories or do they apply to a real person in your life? I ask because I have a simialr situation and need help so if yours is based on a real person you may understand me better.
    Im head over heels on this girl. It didnt dawn upon me until recently when I saw her out with another guy. I told her she and I were simple friends and not more so I guess I asked for it for not telling her the truth up front. My issue is do I say something to her now (i think there is more of a complication too) or do I bite bullet and walk away.
    So, advice if you are dealing with a real person and what are you doing in your situation? If not....how about a story about a dumb guy, scared of rejection who let the love of his life walk away....better put pushed her away. Inspiration: Aerosmith's Tell Me What it Takes to Let You Go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am dealing with a real person in my situation. The reason that I started writing about romance instead of fantasy stories. Though I can not say that I have all of the answers, else I would not need to write but simply live in the storybook of my own life. My advice does definitely start with communication. And it will be painful and difficult if you were the one to make the step to push her away. Be prepared for mistrust, anger, resentment. If you REALLY care to the depths that you say you do, then you will have the strength to make it past that. Take care in how you do communicate, as in this day and age- people are much less trusting of open admissions. Especially since she is with another person now, it comes across as jealousy. Check yourself, is it jealousy? If not, then think back on the things that you experienced with her. What made you care for her, what did she care about? You have to find a way to prove that you actually paid attention to her, that she was more than just a friend. http://dwarventhoughts.blogspot.com/2012/05/decision-to-be-squire-or-knight.html

      Delete
  2. Thanx man...All those thoughts have been going through my head. My problem is I took her for granted as a friend because I loved her and assumed she would always be there until I was ready. Apparently not the case. I got mad when she reached out and shut her down (according to my female friends anyways)....then she walked away.
    I going to make one last ditch effort. Good luck with your deal, hopefully would be less complicated than mine. Its good that you and your girl can and do communicate. Ill keep you posted and let you know what I think on the story link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the story....and man you have a way with words. It did dawn on me that I have been licking my wounds and sitting in self pity brooding on the "how dare she..." until I read this story. Its more like..."how dare I"...the taste of my shoe laces in my mouth isnt what I was hoping for. I said the same thing...that I didnt love her like that...and even when I realized I did...I said nothing, nada. We were close friends, never crossed the line and yet I fell for her harder than any other girl.
    I did get inspired by the story and am thinking to ask her out and make a plea...hope she doesnt hate me...
    Thanx again...I knew kind of where to go with it..I needed to read and justify myself.

    ReplyDelete