Welcome to the thoughts of a Dwarf. This intrepid site is designed primarily to allow a place where I can store all of my writings, be it stories or poems or illogical philosophical rants. I hope to be able to provide interesting reading material for my friends and the random stranger who somehow gets sucked off course and finds this sight. Feel free to comment or even request stories. The more inspiration that I have, the more I can explore the limits of imagination and using literary works to rest for a moment from the tedious demands of reality.

In the beginning, I will be uploading many of my already written works. Though most of them are written for the gaming website Achaea.com, which is a text based MUD that I have been playing since 1998. My current main character in Achaea is the Dwarven Paladin known as Goryllin. His viewpoint is used in many of my current stories, as I draw upon his life and his world to create the science fantasty realities in which my story characters dwell.

Achaea is a medieval setting fantasy world, filled with Dwarves, Humans, Trolls, and many more fantastical races and professions. It is a living and breathing world in that every player has a chance to change the world and its direction. It is a player driven roleplay enhanced realm where combat, life, death and yes even taxes are all a part of the experience. We wouldn't mind having you drop by for a visit and pint of ale, if you do visit please send Goryllin a message and he will be glad to help you.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

1000 Views!

When I started this blog, I knew that everyone (and their mother and most likely their mother's dog) has their own blog and filled the internet space with thousands of posts and so much information that very few people's blogs get read.

I fully intended to only post here a few times a year, just whenever the urge struck me and I had a new story completed; most often for Achaea.com. Every so often, I would link the blog on my Facebook profile and tell people about it, for the few close friends who put up with the things that I write.

However, in what seems just a few short weeks, suddenly there have been over a thousand pageviews, and a multitude of comments. I have had people come up to me about some of the things written here, and I am blown away.

To all who read this blog, I thank you! And for every single comment that I receive, either here or else where, I resolve to work even harder and tap into the special emotional current that tells us that we are alive.

I recently went through some redesigns on the blog, hopefully it is easier to read and follow. I value your support, as I want to write even more now that I know people read it.

---

As a reward for so quickly bringing the site to a thousand page views- here is a brief synopsis of what I have in mind so far for the Dragon story. Please keep in mind that I reserve the right to completely change any of this- however it is my intellectual property and I would appreciate that distinction being respected.

The story will begin with an introduction to Beardion, the Lord of the Dragons and the Monarch who rules over the realm. The Dragon Lord appears to be engrossed in a book that he has discovered, and soon begins to read that book and ignore everything around him. Since the Realm has been ruled well for a very long time, not much is said at first but then his subjects grow worried as more and more time passes.

They bring in wizards and sorcerers to try to get their king's attention or break a spell, the Elder Council of Dragons comes up with the idea that the king is lovesick and so attempt to hold a festival where the most lovely dragon princesses would attempt to gain the attention of the reading Dragon Lord. Several different tactics are tried, but Beardion simply will not be moved.

Things take a turn for the worse, as is the course of life as we know it. And the General of the kingdom's armies brings the tidings that the petty Humans are getting out of hand. Apparently they have developed a new weapon and are destroying Draconic holdings and lands with great success.

Here, I hope to have the story really turn upon the different perspectives that peaceful and civilized Dragons would have towards barbaric and nomadic tribes of Humans. Humanity can be vicious and vile, and when seen through the eyes of a race of non-Human beings, I am sure it looks even worse than we can imagine.

From here, the story still waits to write itself- I find that I do not often think TOO far ahead.. as my characters live and breath on their own and often times take paths or make choices that I did not plan for them.

Kinda like life, right?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on this milestone, and being achieved so quickly! Looking forward to seeing more posts and how the dragon story unfolds...

    I like the new layout too. Never saw reactions before, which I like, but on my screen, I can only see about half of them, on the first line. Darn Google!

    ReplyDelete