Welcome to the thoughts of a Dwarf. This intrepid site is designed primarily to allow a place where I can store all of my writings, be it stories or poems or illogical philosophical rants. I hope to be able to provide interesting reading material for my friends and the random stranger who somehow gets sucked off course and finds this sight. Feel free to comment or even request stories. The more inspiration that I have, the more I can explore the limits of imagination and using literary works to rest for a moment from the tedious demands of reality.

In the beginning, I will be uploading many of my already written works. Though most of them are written for the gaming website Achaea.com, which is a text based MUD that I have been playing since 1998. My current main character in Achaea is the Dwarven Paladin known as Goryllin. His viewpoint is used in many of my current stories, as I draw upon his life and his world to create the science fantasty realities in which my story characters dwell.

Achaea is a medieval setting fantasy world, filled with Dwarves, Humans, Trolls, and many more fantastical races and professions. It is a living and breathing world in that every player has a chance to change the world and its direction. It is a player driven roleplay enhanced realm where combat, life, death and yes even taxes are all a part of the experience. We wouldn't mind having you drop by for a visit and pint of ale, if you do visit please send Goryllin a message and he will be glad to help you.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Herald of a new day


Rainclouds darken the sky
Thunder rumbles in anger
A heart struggles to fly
Facing imminent danger

What is this new emotion
That threatens normalcy
It feels like sipping a potion
That turns rituals into fallacy

The life of a hermit seems past
Old habits turning to dust
How is life changing this fast
This heart was covered in rust

Through the clouds of change
A ray of light breaks free
Spreading to fill a mighty range
It grants joy without a fee

Comforted by this truth
Doubts begin to fade
Joy causes feelings of youth
A sensation that your smile made

3 comments:

  1. I am for lack of a better term stunned with the raw emotion and refinement of your writing. I say this because it's always a breath of fresh air and a soul awakening experience for me. I have been following your blog for a few months now and have not been let down. This poem raises the bar and shows such range and brilliance on your part. I am a bit of a blog junkie but follow very few as I do yours. Another one that caught my eye is also poignantly written. So much so I fist thought that it might be another of your blogs until I noticed the user name. You should check it out. http://daniellefaur.blogspot.com/. I very much look forward to your further posts. Again, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, both for your compliments and your following. I have seen you since I first started, and it is truly appreciated. I hope that I can continue to keep you entertained. Many thanks for the reference to someone else who draws upon words to craft their world as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Let me know what you think of her writing. I am captivated and forced to acknowledge and think. Not to many writers get me so enthralled. She is definately an attentive and sweet writer. So again lemme know what you think of her.

    ReplyDelete